Wednesday, October 29, 2008





Who am I?



Who am I?
I AM the result of two who
Were young starry eyed
Holding hands
Making plans
I was conceived in the 80’s
About the same time my country conceived AIDS
And gave
Birth to crack babies
I AM America’s illegitimate child
But somehow
I see those Stars and Stripes
Still I feel proud and manage to smile

Who am I?
I AM ancient
My complexion verifies my Ethiopian ties
In my brain and bones there lies
The very same elements that created The Sun
Fierce enough to burn delicate eyes
Every time I fall is an occasion to rise
Yes I am one with the most prominent star-The Sun

Who am I?
I AM consciousness
A beating heart and breath
I am flesh
I am energy
Within me is Indigo light
Cannot be detected visually
Certain aspects of my being remain cloaked
in invisibility
I am striving towards seeing
My true purpose
True meaning
I am the treasure eluding the seeker

Who am I?
I AM a simple complex
Set
Of inconsistently consistent
Moral and mortal contradictions
Prone to addictions and mental afflictions
With the correct conditions
I release righteous vital essential emissions

Who am I?
I AM a walking revolution
Mistook myself for the problem
Assured knowing now I am apart of the solution
Paying my karmic restitution
I am an ongoing contribution

How am I defined
??
Who am I?
Who am I?

CNN debated
Stereotypically underrated
Took years to be liberated
No longer mentally incarcerated
If I have a dream I chase it
Any fear I face it

Who Am I?
Until the coroner
Calls the time on the clock
I
Am
Still
Being created

1 comment:

Shuey Newton Le Révolutionnaire said...

This is fucking AWESOME V!!! i love the way your words flow so effortlessly. you indeed have a gift. Please keep inspiring us, cause we want more!