Monday, October 27, 2008

Sankofa-for those in IRAQ



The Sankofa is an African Mythological bird who looks back and moves forward

My Feet face Forward
Yet i look Over My Shoulder
Like The Sankofa
I am
mesmerized
surprised
tormented
terrified
By the Gems i have dropped
was i right
should I have
left you
should i have bought you here
plagued ny some wrongs
accepted others
was I right
I forgot
I was right
correct
always perfect
you see those glistening gems
(i think Not)
messed you up didn't I
didn't see at the time
blinded by a purpose
Just the means on my minding me
for knowing me
your either better or worse
tried to be your savior
your redeemer
I see here
I was a curse
I effed you up
Some gems are stained with blood
Yours
angelically evilly
dancing with mine
Forgive me
i had a mission
couldn't be stopped
Looking over my shoulder
Much Like The Sankofa
At the bloody gems I dropped





for lov

No comments: