Thursday, February 5, 2009

High Hope Sleep

No joke
from a dream
I awoke
still half black
still half latino
still half lost
still broke
hope???
not really
i guess
nope.
well
I hope
God is in that next fifth of hennessy
I hope God
is really there Sunday
cuz
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
is killin me
hope
...
I hope this is some good dope
cuz without it can I cope??
Nope
Hope whats that really mean??

In my genetic memory i still hear King
I still feel the people sing
Let freedom ring
Let Freedom ring
musta rang at an inaudible decibel
cuz in the world I live in
i dont think we heard a thing


I know the man bought a message
but today I
see a mess

hope I dont know
can I cope??
Nope

Sex
or dope
how bout both
??
Let out the smoke
watch it seductively float
there goes my high hopes
then I drift off to a state
of sleep to escape
.....hope....
someone shoulda told me the only way to live the dream


is to be truly awake

No comments: